Monday, June 23, 2014

My Watch Collection Rules: How I Classify My Collection – Material Type (Part 3)


In Part 1[1] of a series of articles regarding watch collection rules, I mentioned the importance of following your own set of rules for this hobby. The first that I follow is to categorize my collection to movement types. In Part 2[2], I mentioned about category types. In this third installment of the series, I shall explain another rule that I follow: material types.

Under this rule I have five categories: (1) Stainless steel; (2) Titanium; (3) Precious metals – Platinum, Silver; (4) Other base metals – bronze, brass, Aluminum; and (5) Plastic watches. I only collect watches made out these materials. 

I generally do not buy watches with precious gems imbedded profusely on them. My only exception is when gems are used as indexes on the dial.

Some of my stainless steel watches are coated black. I can still accept them subject to them being the only model available. If there is a choice between stainless steel or coated, I will choose stainless steel.

If you notice, gold is excluded from the list. It is a personal choice that I don’t collect gold watches.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

CONTRIBUTE FOR THE UPKEEP OF THIS BLOG

Any contributions is appreciated!