Sunday, January 11, 2015

My Watch Collection Rules: How I Classify My Collection – Best Diver by Each Brand (Part 4)

In Part 1[1] of a series of articles regarding watch collection rules, I mentioned the importance of following your own set of rules for this hobby. The first that I follow is to categorize my collection to movement types. In Part 2[2], I mentioned about category types. In Part 3[3] I follow material types.

In this fourth installment of the series, I explained about acquiring the best diver watch each brand can produce.



Since my acquisition of the Rolex Deepsea Sea-Dweller many moons ago, I have assembled a collection under this principle. As of today, I have the following under this category (Left to Right; Top to Bottom):
  1. Deep Blue/Depthmaster 
  2. Ocean7/LM-8
  3. Victorinox/Dive Master Black Ice
  4. Bell & Ross/BR02-92 
  5. Rado/Rado Original Diastar Diver
  6. Orient/Pro Saturation Diver
  7. Rolex/Deepsea Sea-Dweller
  8. Seiko/Marinemaster Emperor Tuna
  9. Citizen/Promaster Autozilla
  10. Omega/Seamaster PloProf 

Interesting facts to note about these watches.
  • Minimum depth rating is 300 meters. Maximum depth rating 3,900 meters;
  • Dive bezel - either external or internal;
  • Date window; 
  • Minimum face diameter 38.6 mm (without crown); 
  • Watches with clasp system comes with in-built divers' extension; and
  • Satisfies the international ISO6425 diving watch standard.




1 comment:

  1. Serious lover of your blog, a considerable number of your blog posts have really helped me out. Looking towards updates!
    Casio watches USA
    Watches for kids USA

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

CONTRIBUTE FOR THE UPKEEP OF THIS BLOG

Any contributions is appreciated!